On un-lents
title
Sunday, April 1, 2012
date
~デンスキ♥
It's almost a year since I took Sociology 10... a seemingly-harmless GE subject that happened to become one of the turning points of my life. Many of my beliefs, impressions and perceptions were either crushed or molded into something else because of that subject. Up until now, I can still see its remnants and how much my way of thinking has changed... I've become more open and tolerant with other beliefs (reminds me of our Lakbay Aral in PI 100) but at the same time, I've become critical and cynical with what used to be my own.
I think this would be the first time I wouldn't be celebrating/commemorating the Lenten Season. Ash Wednesday was just an ordinary Wednesday. I could normally eat meat during Fridays. We didn't replace our palaspas during Palm Sunday. It suddenly feels different not to do these anymore.
During this year, my parents also must've realized that we weren't that attentive and eager to go to Sunday masses anymore that they stopped badgering us to attend. Which is weird... because we *always* go to mass... alwaaaaaaays. I don't know why they also stopped going. At first I thought it was because they were busy with work... but I believe that isn't much of a valid excuse. They stopped attending altogether.
I don't know what to tell them when they finally ask me about it. I don't even have much of an answer for myself. As I said, I still believe in God, but I don't believe in the religion anymore... and the stuff in between is still a blur to me. I still pray before meals and exams; I still thank Him if something happens... but I think it's usually out of habit. Ugh. What am I really?
So there...
Good Friday will just be a Friday and Black Saturday will just be a Saturday, albeit a solemn and quiet one.
And Easter Sunday will be a happy Sunday, and it would just be a reason to go out and eat lunch with the family.
And that's about it.
Labels: cogitations
On un-lents
title
Sunday, April 1, 2012
date
~denskidoodles ♥
It's almost a year since I took Sociology 10... a seemingly-harmless GE subject that happened to become one of the turning points of my life. Many of my beliefs, impressions and perceptions were either crushed or molded into something else because of that subject. Up until now, I can still see its remnants and how much my way of thinking has changed... I've become more open and tolerant with other beliefs (reminds me of our Lakbay Aral in PI 100) but at the same time, I've become critical and cynical with what used to be my own.
I think this would be the first time I wouldn't be celebrating/commemorating the Lenten Season. Ash Wednesday was just an ordinary Wednesday. I could normally eat meat during Fridays. We didn't replace our palaspas during Palm Sunday. It suddenly feels different not to do these anymore.
During this year, my parents also must've realized that we weren't that attentive and eager to go to Sunday masses anymore that they stopped badgering us to attend. Which is weird... because we *always* go to mass... alwaaaaaaays. I don't know why they also stopped going. At first I thought it was because they were busy with work... but I believe that isn't much of a valid excuse. They stopped attending altogether.
I don't know what to tell them when they finally ask me about it. I don't even have much of an answer for myself. As I said, I still believe in God, but I don't believe in the religion anymore... and the stuff in between is still a blur to me. I still pray before meals and exams; I still thank Him if something happens... but I think it's usually out of habit. Ugh. What am I really?
So there...
Good Friday will just be a Friday and Black Saturday will just be a Saturday, albeit a solemn and quiet one.
And Easter Sunday will be a happy Sunday, and it would just be a reason to go out and eat lunch with the family.
And that's about it.
Labels: cogitations
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold.
I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good. :D
a walking contradiction. an unoriginal artist. an organized disaster. an unloved lover. a smart-ass playing dumb.
a future engineer who loves randomly writing, sketching, doodling, sleeping and dreaming about things in life:
whose head rests above the clouds, with her feet standing firmly on the ground ♥