On my serendipity
title
Saturday, February 18, 2012
date
~デンスキ♥
Interesting day even though I skipped all my classes.
After cramming (and finally giving up) on my EEE 51 homework, the DSP speech group had a meeting with Ma'am Guev to finally discuss our thesis plans. There were a lot of projects to be continued and since there were only 6 to 7 minions meaning only 1 or 2 people were assigned per project.
I was given the ISIP 7 project or the English Proficiency Training Program which basically handles the Filipino-English for Philippine Languages Database. I'm very anxious on what would happen for the next two semesters since I'll be flying solo. Oho~ it's like my story all over again.
Maybe I should've added a thesis assistant. Or a unicorn.Our training begins as soon as next week. I'll be meeting Janus, the speech recognition software from Carnegie Mellon University, in a few days time. We even signed a contract which was pretty much badass for me.
After that, I decided to distract myself a bit more before studying for the exam. This included being dragged by Jonathan and Ehmjie to watch the UP Orchestra perform at the University Theater. As much as I appreciate classical music and the orchestra (watching Nodame and playing O2 Jam might've something to do with it), I managed to doze off at some parts. I still managed to watch 90% of the concert and enjoy 100% of it.
It was 9 when the concert ended. Jonathan drove Ehmjie and me to Katipunan. He dropped me off an unfamiliar part of Anonas. Fortunately, it was the right place and I was able to ride a jeep.
Since today was the first day of claiming MetroDeal's
MySerendipitea milk teas, I decided to drop by, hoping I could review EEE 51 there as well. However, there were several problems.
Even though it's cozy and there wasn't loud music in the background, the shop was small and packed with customers. It was also cold for my standards. Aside from the fact that I was out of laptop batt, the WiFi was also unreliable.
Randomness:
~It's nice to note that the crew were very accommodating.
~I dun liek their pearls.
~I really dun liek dark choco with rock salt and cheese. No matter which milk tea store I go to.
~Milk teas are diuretics.
You don't saaaaay.Finally, I arrived home. Found out that we weren't in the Top 5 in the EOEA, which makes a small part of me cry. I've been expecting it already, but I hope you can do a better job next year :)
Now, after downing a cup of concentrated 3-in-1 coffee, it's back to studying. Wiw~
Labels: acads, anecdotes, friends, interludes, plans
On my serendipity
title
Saturday, February 18, 2012
date
~denskidoodles ♥
Interesting day even though I skipped all my classes.
After cramming (and finally giving up) on my EEE 51 homework, the DSP speech group had a meeting with Ma'am Guev to finally discuss our thesis plans. There were a lot of projects to be continued and since there were only 6 to 7 minions meaning only 1 or 2 people were assigned per project.
I was given the ISIP 7 project or the English Proficiency Training Program which basically handles the Filipino-English for Philippine Languages Database. I'm very anxious on what would happen for the next two semesters since I'll be flying solo. Oho~ it's like my story all over again.
Maybe I should've added a thesis assistant. Or a unicorn.Our training begins as soon as next week. I'll be meeting Janus, the speech recognition software from Carnegie Mellon University, in a few days time. We even signed a contract which was pretty much badass for me.
After that, I decided to distract myself a bit more before studying for the exam. This included being dragged by Jonathan and Ehmjie to watch the UP Orchestra perform at the University Theater. As much as I appreciate classical music and the orchestra (watching Nodame and playing O2 Jam might've something to do with it), I managed to doze off at some parts. I still managed to watch 90% of the concert and enjoy 100% of it.
It was 9 when the concert ended. Jonathan drove Ehmjie and me to Katipunan. He dropped me off an unfamiliar part of Anonas. Fortunately, it was the right place and I was able to ride a jeep.
Since today was the first day of claiming MetroDeal's
MySerendipitea milk teas, I decided to drop by, hoping I could review EEE 51 there as well. However, there were several problems.
Even though it's cozy and there wasn't loud music in the background, the shop was small and packed with customers. It was also cold for my standards. Aside from the fact that I was out of laptop batt, the WiFi was also unreliable.
Randomness:
~It's nice to note that the crew were very accommodating.
~I dun liek their pearls.
~I really dun liek dark choco with rock salt and cheese. No matter which milk tea store I go to.
~Milk teas are diuretics.
You don't saaaaay.Finally, I arrived home. Found out that we weren't in the Top 5 in the EOEA, which makes a small part of me cry. I've been expecting it already, but I hope you can do a better job next year :)
Now, after downing a cup of concentrated 3-in-1 coffee, it's back to studying. Wiw~
Labels: acads, anecdotes, friends, interludes, plans