On Fate/Zero [spoilers ahead]
title
Thursday, October 20, 2011
date
~デンスキ♥

Even though my sembreak has yet to begin, I am starting to live my life as if it has. Asides from the usual long hours devoted to stupid Facebook apps, Plurk and Neopets, I've started downloading random karaoke versions of anime songs and rewatching Shuffle! (which I may say, was really disappointing... I finished it for the sake of Asa Shigure's story).
I've started playing the visual novel, Fate/Stay Night sometime during late August. This game has three routes with several endings (5 normal ones and 40 OMG-I-don't-want-to-go-thru-all-these-but-I-have-to-for-the-bonus ones). I've already finished the first two routes which leaves me with the last yet longest (and not to mention, the creepiest) one. Honestly, I need to play it with someone if I don't want to piss myself scared. Thus, I've stopped playing for now.
Playing it made me rewatch the anime and do tons of online reading about the series. And this has lead me to Fate/Zero, the "sequel" of the series which narrates the events 10 years before the actual Fate/Stay Night storyline.

The story revolves around Emiya Kiritsugu, the foster father of Emiya Shirou. He is selected as one of the seven Masters in the Fourth Holy Grail War. It is revealed here that he is the father of Ilyasviel Von Einzbern (although I learned this thru spoilers). I can't believe that she's older than Shirou. My goodness, why does she call Shirou oniisan?!
Fate/Zero also focuses on the Kotomine and Tohsaka family, and how they have formed an alliance to let Tohsaka Tokiomi win the war. Of course, there are also parts where they show the younger versions of Sakura (before and after she was infested with crest worms) and Rin.

My goodness. They're so cuuuuuuuuuuute ♥
My favorite character so far is Waver Velvet, one of the young student-magus from the Clock Tower. After being humiliated by his teacher for submitting a paper about how a magus can become powerful despite having a short magic ancestry, he steals his artifact to summon a Servant. He summons Rider (looks and acts quite different from the Rider in Fate/Stay Night).

Of course, Archer (Gilgamesh) and Saber are there. Wiw. It's amazing how the story unfolds. The writers really paid attention to the small details of the past (well except for Ilya's age, maybe. It's just too weird). Also, since this is a newer series, the effects and art of Fate/Zero are much better compared to Fate/Stay Night. Woo, computer animation iz awezomez! Also, the former has a more serious feel since the latter revolves around high school students. That's quite a change.
So far, there are three episodes out (there are 24 all in all) and the next one airs on Saturday. I'm too excited for it that I decided to spoil myself through its Wikia pages. Yiz, I know what happens in the end. Maybe the anime series might deviate from the manga, but it's still good to know how it ends. Yay, Waver doesn't die :))
Maybe I might do the Heaven's Feel route, after all. I just hope I won't be that scared when the time comes.
Labels: anime
On Fate/Zero [spoilers ahead]
title
Thursday, October 20, 2011
date
~denskidoodles ♥

Even though my sembreak has yet to begin, I am starting to live my life as if it has. Asides from the usual long hours devoted to stupid Facebook apps, Plurk and Neopets, I've started downloading random karaoke versions of anime songs and rewatching Shuffle! (which I may say, was really disappointing... I finished it for the sake of Asa Shigure's story).
I've started playing the visual novel, Fate/Stay Night sometime during late August. This game has three routes with several endings (5 normal ones and 40 OMG-I-don't-want-to-go-thru-all-these-but-I-have-to-for-the-bonus ones). I've already finished the first two routes which leaves me with the last yet longest (and not to mention, the creepiest) one. Honestly, I need to play it with someone if I don't want to piss myself scared. Thus, I've stopped playing for now.
Playing it made me rewatch the anime and do tons of online reading about the series. And this has lead me to Fate/Zero, the "sequel" of the series which narrates the events 10 years before the actual Fate/Stay Night storyline.

The story revolves around Emiya Kiritsugu, the foster father of Emiya Shirou. He is selected as one of the seven Masters in the Fourth Holy Grail War. It is revealed here that he is the father of Ilyasviel Von Einzbern (although I learned this thru spoilers). I can't believe that she's older than Shirou. My goodness, why does she call Shirou oniisan?!
Fate/Zero also focuses on the Kotomine and Tohsaka family, and how they have formed an alliance to let Tohsaka Tokiomi win the war. Of course, there are also parts where they show the younger versions of Sakura (before and after she was infested with crest worms) and Rin.

My goodness. They're so cuuuuuuuuuuute ♥
My favorite character so far is Waver Velvet, one of the young student-magus from the Clock Tower. After being humiliated by his teacher for submitting a paper about how a magus can become powerful despite having a short magic ancestry, he steals his artifact to summon a Servant. He summons Rider (looks and acts quite different from the Rider in Fate/Stay Night).

Of course, Archer (Gilgamesh) and Saber are there. Wiw. It's amazing how the story unfolds. The writers really paid attention to the small details of the past (well except for Ilya's age, maybe. It's just too weird). Also, since this is a newer series, the effects and art of Fate/Zero are much better compared to Fate/Stay Night. Woo, computer animation iz awezomez! Also, the former has a more serious feel since the latter revolves around high school students. That's quite a change.
So far, there are three episodes out (there are 24 all in all) and the next one airs on Saturday. I'm too excited for it that I decided to spoil myself through its Wikia pages. Yiz, I know what happens in the end. Maybe the anime series might deviate from the manga, but it's still good to know how it ends. Yay, Waver doesn't die :))
Maybe I might do the Heaven's Feel route, after all. I just hope I won't be that scared when the time comes.
Labels: anime