♣ ClEEEck to see le Plurk! :D

my life
profile
links

On Sec Work ver. 2
title
Saturday, May 7, 2011
date
~デンスキ♥

[This entry was based on my blog post last month, On Sec Work. This will be included in the first issue of ImpaCKT under the page Letter from the Editor.]

“Boss!” someone calls out while giving a matching hand salute. I had just entered the tambayan carrying my usual load of mallow and cookies. After taking a look behind to see who he was addressing, I then realize that it was me. I nod in acknowledgement while thinking, here’s another thing to get used to.

Nowadays, I am trying to learn how to break a few of my habits like misplacing my phone and/or ignoring it the whole time. Texts cannot be ignored and must always have a reply as soon as possible: an hour is barely forgivable; a day, chaotic. The phone must always have load and battery and should never be in silent mode. Up until now, I still don’t know how to GM and to subscribe to UnliTxt. I still have to learn the intricacies of following up and delegating tasks: making sure to get the needed results without bordering on being too annoying, bossy and repetitive. My email inbox is now never empty. I have to check my mail as soon as I get home, check FB updates, check if org highness or other div highness-es need anything done. Pray that nothing asked for was forgotten.

There's also the difficulty of being a good influence to others. Gone are the days of procrastination and non compliance if one does not want to be the cause of "Eh bakit si Denski, pa-ganyan-ganyan lang?” And there's the fear of letting people down. I've always been a people pleaser, though not a very good one. What if I can't keep up when classes begin? Can I handle the pressure, stress and deadlines? Can I sacrifice quality of work just for the sake of submitting something at once?

And here comes ImpaCKT. Originally, I only hoped for a newsletter every semester due to the work and the expenses. However, playing (and working) safe was not an option for this year’s Executive Board, especially with a competitive and challenging President. Thanks to them, ImpaCKT will now be released bi-monthly (tumawad from monthly) and in an innovating online format. Also, my dear minions, especially the Sec directors, have been awesome and active lately, quick to respond, taking the work they've been given, keeping constant communication, rarely complaining, always supportive and so on. Because of them, I believe that ImpaCKT will really be an impactful addition to up.circuit.

I think of these people, the contributors and other Circuiteers who have been as excited and supportive. And as cheesy and as cliche as it sounds, everything becomes worth it :)

In behalf of the Secretariat Division, I wish everyone que se divierta leyéndolo: Have fun reading the first issue of ImpaCKT: the summer edition!

Labels: ,