♣ ClEEEck to see le Plurk! :D

my life
profile
links

On first dates with strangers
title
Friday, February 4, 2011
date
~デンスキ♥
I think I'm gonna be dead almost a week from now. I should've weighed the consequences of my actions first before diving in. Gah.

There's a 2011 checklist in my Belle De Jour power planner (refer to previous post) I'm sort of taking this list of a hundred seriously. Hey, if you felt that you needed something to spice up your life, you would too.

There are a couple of things that I would like to try. Some are those I've done in the past such as solving a rubiks cube (#45) and donating blood (#50). Some are new activities such as getting a body massage (#83) or baking cookies (#81). And then there are some that I would like to try... in my dreams: those things that would never ever cross the thin line between idea and action. And one of those things is item # 28: ask someone you've only just met to go on a date.

And here's where the dilemma comes in. I indirectly asked for it. There's a chance it would push through, there's a chance that it wouldn't. And, oh boy, I really didn't see it coming. Being a weird introverted bordering-on-antisocial girl, it has never crossed my mind that I would be going out with someone who I barely even know. So what to do, what to do?

Options:
0. Give date to someone else and end up paying for their tickets. Will work if I didn't mind throwing away my earnings. And if I could find someone willing to do it :))
1. Group date or group outing.
2. Hope that person is very talkative and can lead the date.
3. Worst case option: call in sick.
4. If everything above is not applicable:
a. Watch concert, eat, leave. Try to enjoy.
b. Play fair games, ride fair rides. Try to enjoy.
c. Go on a food trip. Do not spend too much, try to enjoy.
d. Ditch the fair, play LAN or online games :)
e. Ditch the fair, watch a movie or have a tv series marathon :)
f. Ask what he likes, then do whatever it is.

I'm out of ideas.

Labels: ,